I have always been fascinated with fantasy and magic, the telling of stories that can take your imagination to new heights. Why should students read dull books, when they can read fun, entertaining books with strong moral lessons? I picked a theme that is dear to my heart due to both personal experiences and from friends, and I placed it into a magical world that I created, a world that was both a mix of reality and an amazingly fun magic system. I created characters that were faced with bullies and other evil doers so that my readers can be emboldened by the fact that these characters overcome these obstacles, not by popularity or athleticism, but by creativity, power of friendship, and their purity of heart.

My talks at schools make me feel like I am truly making a difference. I have students ask the most amazing questions, really thought-provoking ones, and the way in which they share their own personal experiences makes me realize my talks and my books are reaching them. They are actually interested, not only in the entertainment value of the books, but also from the lessons the books  provide. When a student comes up to me after my talks, or sends me and email letting me know that they feel more comfortable talking to someone about bullying, I take great happiness in knowing I made a difference.

It is amazing how intuitive students are at such a young age. They truly grasp the concept of bullying and are malleable to advice and teachings that provide tools and tactics to cope with bullying. The message I try to impart the most is to set up an open discourse between family members. Setting up a support network prior to something going wrong is key to survive bullying or stress. A parent can tell their children that they are able to tell them anything, BUT, and this is KEY, if they don't feel comfortable talking about a certain subject, here is a list of people they can talk to. Having that support network in place is key.

I intend to keep writing more and more books with fun characters and storyline, all with the intention for kids to feel more confident dealing with bullying and recognizing the power of true friendship.

Comments

Bullying is a form of soft crime present in almost all parts of the world. Nowadays, people can get bullied just by stating an opinion or be cyber bullied if he stands out amongst the norm. Everyone should have the mindset to stop and prevent such happenings. Bullying is such a sore for the parents and places he is entitled to. That is why, I have no respect for bullies and I learned from then on that, no matter how big and tall is the bully, you should always learn how to respect and defend yourself.

08/23/2016 4:27am

YouTube is world’s biggest video sharing site, no one can defeat it. Every one upload movies at YouTube after that obtain embed code and post anywhere.

I have been bullied while growing up. I was the lone skinny weird kid who is always in the corner and being forgotten by the rest of the people. I think because of this, I now have a hard time in trusting others. I always think that they have bad intentions, like annoy or insult me. Because of this bullying, it made me have a short and terrible temper. I am easily ticked off by the slightest misdemeanor.

Bullying others is wrong because it will have long term effects on the one being picked on. He/She might also try to commit suicide because of being constantly bullied.

Great job you guys are doing. Exerting great efforts in noble deeds. Spreading knowledge is really a great work.

Today, kids are more and more exposed to different kinds of abuse and violence. Kids especially teens who are just beginning to understand the world they are in are more prone to experience different kinds of abuse like bullying and violence.

01/08/2017 8:54am

Be that as it may, before you apply for a home credit, you have to acclimate yourself with the distinctive sorts of home advances. As a rule, this data can be acquired from bank or budgetary establishments illustrative.

01/20/2017 3:15am

Unemployment prompts to significant inconveniences in life. It influences the whole living example and makes us feel baffled. Without any funds and colossal obligations we have no chance to get out of the issue.

02/05/2017 1:43am

One may then begin thinking on the off chance that it is conceivable to purchase a home after insolvency. Furthermore, the appropriate response is in the positive. There are many home loan organizations and online moneylenders out there who offer home advances for even the individuals who have chapter 11 on their credit report.

02/13/2017 12:23am

These two projects are among the numerous which the administration has accommodated offer assistance. In the event that you find that you are not qualified for government help, this does not imply that you can't get assistance from elsewhere. There are still a few distinctive accessible advance adjustment help administrations.

04/05/2017 5:00am

I think the main source of info is internet in the modern times. So we should direct our efforts on the internet promo.

06/09/2017 11:32pm

Great write-up, I’m normal visitor of one’s blog, maintain up the excellent operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.

<a href="http://hot-shaper.in">Hot Shaper</a>| <a href="http://roopamrit.co.in">Roop Amrit</a>

06/18/2017 2:08am

With these sorts of here and now credits, customers are required to pay back what they obtain inside a little time span; more often than not with their next paycheck.